Monday, August 26, 2013

Meet The Sisterhood: Hazel

The Sisterhood is made up of so many beautiful women, many of whom have been with us since the very beginning. Along the way they have given, inspired, spurred and supported. I wanted to introduce them to you as they mostly stay under the radar and behind the scenes but they are so very important to me!

I've asked them all a few questions, and they replied! I hope you enjoy getting to know a few more Sisters! (I'll be posting these interviews each week. Make sure you leave a comment and some love for them!)

Introducing Hazel!




Hazel told her blog readers about a sweet little girl she knew who was in Christchurch with her parents  away from their home town receiving treatment for leukemia. I happened to read, and I quickly decided this would be among the first things The Sisterhood did together! She was one of the first few people we LOVE BOMB'ed. After that, Hazel's been a regular contributor to The Sisterhood by donating butt-loads of beauty products and regularly advertising us through her blog and magazine "Hazed". I feel like Hazel really "gets" the Sisterhood and what we're about, and because of that (and she's amazing) I consider her a friend.


How did you first hear about The Sisterhood

In early 2012 I posted on my blog about a family close to mine that had a three year old daughter diagnosed with Leukaemia, the family had to travel away from their home, family and support system in Wellington to get treatment in Christchurch. When The Sisterhood heard about it, they stepped up, out of no where, to offer support and a package of love for the family whilst they were living at Christchurch hospital. I was completely overwhelmed that people out there were willing to do such a beautiful thing!

What initially made you get involved? How did you get involved?

How could you NOT get involved? Helping people without a need or desire for thanks is something that I couldn't help but connect with. My contribution to the Sisterhood hasn't been huge or amazing, but that's the great thing, it doesn't need to be to make a difference when there are so many others involved also offering a little something to each of the Love Bombs.

How did that make you feel?

Giving always makes one feel the warm and fuzzies inside. What I love about the Sisterhood is that you are giving to people that aren't expecting a hand out, you are giving to people that genuinely are having a rough time. They're already making lemonade with their lemons, and this is just a way to offer solace to them during this time.

What is your favourite part of The Sisterhood

I have been so lucky to watch the Sisterhood transition into a fabulous community of woman. In the early days there were only a couple of us, now there are quite literally thousands! It is an amazing beautiful thing to watch. I also love spreading the word about the Sisterhood, introducing others to the beauties of the projects it is involved with. Each time I post about it on Facebook someone new discovers what it is all about.

What would you like to see us do in the future?

Honestly... more of the same, keep headed where you are headed, the evolution is already happening and it is going to the Sisterhood and all of it's members to beautiful places. I thank Sophie for allowing this beautiful thing to be created, and I really can't wait to see where it is headed next! Kudos Soph! xxx 

If you want to make friends with Hazel, you can find her here:



2 comments:

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover