Sunday, July 1, 2012

Thank You and Whats Next for The Sisterhood

Thank you cards to all who donated something - 26 ladies in total


Sisters, consider this an 'it's over' and a 'I can't thank you enough'

It truly is incredible when a few generous ladies join together and contribute something. Big or small, any contribution was worth it. Our LOVE BOMBs were a complete success.

It was a blessing to us when kiwi mummy blogs heard about us. They advertised us on their homepage and on Facebook. More and more people came to learn what a LOVE BOMB was.


So much so we extended the collection period by another week and have a few last minute parcels arrive on my door step. In the last hours I decided to add a sixth lady to the LOVE BOMB - Looking at the pile of gifts on my table I was sure we had plenty to go around and that afternoon had been emailed about a well deserving lady. "Yes!" I thought. So we extended it. 6 in total.

I gathered the gifts, distributed them out, and turned them into these LOVE BOMBS.*

*Someone asked why the gifts were different sizes and didn't think that was fair. To answer: Most of you sent gifts for particular people because their story struck you in your heart, Also, a few of the ladies had allergies and couldn't have any beauty products or types of food. Also, some ladies liked particular books. I hope you understand that I did the best I could in distributing them.

Alex's LOVE BOMB






 Then, The Press got hold of us and we were featured in their newspaper and on Stuff. That afternoon we had over 100 people on our Facebook page who were eager to contribute and learn more! 


The next morning I had a phone call from the second most read womens magazine in New Zealand. They wanted to do a piece on us and I asked them to highlight the amazing women who give into this, and also receive something from it. 

The magazine with us in it will be out in the next few weeks and I'll definitely let you know which issue to get your hands on when its printed!

Thank you
Most of all, my heart (and I hope yours too) feels full.

I know that because of us, little ol' us, we were able to send these parcels of love from Northland to Dunedin. I know that tears were shed and thanks were said.

I hope you have celebrated. 

I think the reason this story must be so interesting to the media is because its just us, ordinary us. We can do a lot when we put something together. And what for? What do we get out of it? That's why its so interesting. Thats why people want to be a part of it. Generosity is the new black. 



2 Corinthians 8:3-5  "For I testify that they gave as much as they were ableand even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own,  they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the Lord’s people.  And they exceeded our expectations: They gave themselves first of all to the Lord, and then by the will of God also to us."


You gave as much as you were able, entirely on your own, some of you pleaded to be a part of this privilege of giving. You have exceeded all of my expectations.

The Future
We will be continuing on with The Sisterhood. For now there is a solo Mama of an 11month old who has no family in New Zealand. We're going to send her birthday gifts next and that is happening very soon. (I'm going to give you more details in the next post). 

While that is happening we will be planning another series of LOVE BOMBs. I'm unsure of how many people we could do this time around, 10, 15, 20? Who knows. To start with we'll be taking nominations from our own Sisters. 

If you already know you want to give to this get in touch (sophieslim@moo2.co.nz) (I have already received a few. Thank you!). That way I might have a better understanding of how many resources we have and how far we can spread that around.


If you completed our Sisterhood Survey: THANK YOU. Your answers have been an invaluable help to me. Thank you thank you thank you.

Love always,
Sophie

P.s - Does anyone have any courier company contacts? ;)



2 comments:

  1. This is truly amazing
    Every day I think of amazing woman who are in and around my life who need a little blessing a little pick me up
    Thank you for being such a star and setting this up . . .
    Can you please message me your address again so I can pop a little something more for further bombs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this again just has me in awe.
    FAB what women can do when we get together.
    the awesome thing is that we are (for the most part) strangers to each other, and to those we want to bless.
    Like you said, What is that about???
    Curiouser and curiouser!
    Bless you Sophie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover