Friday, July 13, 2012

Midwinter Dinner 2012



I loved our Midwinter Dinner this year. Afterwards my heart was very happy.

11 friends around a long table with their bellies full of a delicious roast, candles flickering, laughter, encouragement, prayer.

I am thankful for the opportunity to get together like we did. Thankful that we have a home that can be opened to our friends where we can serve them.

Do you ever have dinner parties with friends, just because? Any traditions out there that you do year to year?

READ MORE:

6 comments:

  1. Our annual tradition is to have a Sparkler Party on the 4th July at an American friend's house. It has become a beautiful tradition and I can see it lasting for MANY years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for gathering people around food, sharing laughter and love - no reason needed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! Love getting people together for no reason - we don't do it enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love that Dave has finished his plate already. Such a good feed! Thanks for hosting! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had 2 midwinter Christmas celebrations already this year. I love the opportunity to remember everything good about christmas more than once in the year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, look at me trying so hard to have my eyes open for the photo!
    I <3 how your plate is so neat at the foreground.
    SUCH a great relaxing YUMMY night! xx

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover