Thursday, February 16, 2012

Millas Scrapbook

I have found a few spare minutes and some creative loose ends and started my scrapbooking mission!

I'm no scrapbooker, and personally I'm not a huge fan of all the fancy things you find in the stationary shops so I was a little bit stumped as to how I was going to achieve what I wanted to.


So, I just started. My aim is for this scrapbook to cover the first year of Millas life with her scans, birthday and monthly updates from my blog. I'm not really doing any embellishments but I am doing little illustrations on each page. My favourite so far is the cover page (left), and I have almost finished Months 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 :)

Are you a scrapbooker? Do you have any tips for me?

This is what's going on in my creative space.

8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely idea! I've yet to finish my son's 1st year scrapbook (he's 4 now) really should get onto it. No tips though sorry I'm a digital scrapbooker now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOur pages look great so far. I'm not a scrapbooker either but did make up albums for the first couple of years for both my kids - just photos and cards. So nice to look back on them now! And the kids themselves enjoy them too!


    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful idea! I would love to do that when I have kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are on the right track - just get started. I love the bunting illustrations. I love scrapbooking, but I don't get as much time as I would like to do it. You can get super technical with different techniques and products - and it can get really expensive too. I say go have a look at the scrapbooking and card making mags at paper plus for inspiration. Also - I've saved cards and wrapping paper, ribbons, etc - even tissue boxes and other packaging with nice illustrations they can be useful for making journalling sections, or putting in behind a photo to make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really good! loving the bunting and ballons! I prefer drawings and doodles to fancy scrapbook stuff, it makes the book feel more personal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! man time is going fast, nice to see some of my sweet photography skills are showcased lol. I'm stoked you started! That's the hardest part. You always have your blog to look back on to remind you which is handy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I scrapbook, but mostly only to fulfill my need to cut and paste - not really to have a good overview of my kids' lives! For that, I'm going to try to do a photobook for each year.

    Love your book so far - the most important thing is that it is filled with love and memories, and yours most definitely is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No tips I'm afraid - but how can you go wrong with origional sketches? Love the page with the ultrasound pics and the little paper clips too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover