Friday, March 11, 2011

One Liners

The Quake has made me think a lot of funny things. I feel energised to live, frustrated that in my own eyes I'm not, driven to do what I love, an eager yearning need to settle in my own home with husband and baby and make it our own and a deep deep sadness for the situation that I know only God can heal and make sense of.

Addressing one of those yesterday, I realised it had been many months since I have created everything. Actually, it has been since we moved and I packed up all of my creative belongings and put them in storage. At the time I thought they would only be boxed for a few weeks. It has now been 2 months and counting. I would never consider myself an artist but I find great joy in colours, creating and the feel of paper.

I stumbled across this fun video tutorial yesterday by Carla Sonheim on how to make little random pieces of art with only one pencil line. (This is your cue to watch it)

After watching the tutorial and sitting down in front of Oprah with my pencil and paper I created these 2 little beauties.




(I have no camera and terrible photoshopping skills)

Can I please urge you, in times like this when everything seems uncertain and full of saddness - Do what makes you feel alive. These may look like a stupid elephant drawn with one line and two colours but to me its a step toward healing and being who God created me to be.

I am going to make more of them today. Maybe I'll mount them and put them in our nursery for Mini Moo, maybe I'll just put them in my diary, or maybe in 2 weeks I will put them in the recycling. All I know is that for today it is the right thing to do.

Be blessed. I am praying for you.

1 comment:

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover